Please keep in mind the following information, taken from a DSCC2011 Innovation in Life presentation by Parker Aerospace.
• Are the most important people in our business.
• Are not dependent on us–we are dependent on them.
• Are not interruptions of our work–they are the purpose of it.
• Do us a favor when they call–we are not doing them a favor by serving them.
• Are a part of our business–not outsiders.
• Are not cold statistics–they are flesh-and-blood human beings with feelings and emotions like our own.
• Are not there to argue or match wits with.
• Bring us their wants–it is our job to fulfill those wants.
• Are deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment we can give them.
• Are the lifeblood of our business.